When you are choosing your ideal holiday home there are a lot of factors to consider. With so many different types of static caravans out there, how can you make sure that you are choosing the right one? Here are some questions that you can ask yourself when choosing a caravan:
- How many people will be staying in your caravan on a regular basis? How many beds will you need?
- When you are not using your static caravan, do you plan to sublet it? If so, you will need to choose a caravan park that allows it and you should go for a caravan that is plain and will appeal to others.
- Do you mind buying a used static caravan? If not, you can save a lot of money and find something that is still in great condition.
- Will you be cooking a lot in your static caravan? If so, you might want to choose one with a large kitchen and lots of storage space. If you plan to mostly eat out or enjoy a takeaway, you can choose one with a smaller kitchen and have a larger lounge area or bedroom instead.
- Also, how much storage space will you need? Some families like to keep spare clothes, toys and equipment in their caravan that they can use on their holiday- so this might be important.
- How many people will be sitting around the dining table on an average day? Make sure that it is big enough and that you have enough room for everyone to sit comfortably.
- How long will you be staying at one time? Will you need to have a washer and dryer to do laundry, or will you only be staying for a few days at a time on the weekends?
- Is it important for your caravan to have a separate lounge? If not, you can save a little bit of money by having a smaller and more compact caravan.
- Will you be staying in your static caravan in the winter months? If so, consider whether or not you will need a heating system, insulation and fuel costs.
These are just a few of the factors that you will need to consider when you are choosing the right static caravan for your needs. When you find the right one, it will be the perfect holiday retreat for your family for many years.